The Mission




Well, 2012 brought us enough tragedy and heartache for a lifetime (and sadly that's still an understatement). I wasn't terribly shocked when 12/21 came and went and we were all still here. But by the time New Years rolled around I was still hoping for some change. So, my New Years Resolution: To complete at least one random act of kindness every day for a year. And so, I present to you a beam of hope from my little corner of the internet. Here is a running list of 365 random acts of kindness for 2013. Some of these may be a little ambitious but most of them are things you could easily do every day. This blog is not for any sort of attention or recognition and any hate or nay saying will not be tolerated. My simple hope is that this blog inspires other people to look at the world around them and help make it a better place for all of us.

Thursday, January 3, 2013

Day Three

Alright so, day 3. So far so good.
Today I had some errands to run and figured I'd kill 2 birds with 1 stone for this one. 
I went to Rite Aid, armed with my Rite Aid rewards card, straight to the personal care isle I go. I picked up about $10 worth of toiletries from those bins with the trial/travel sizes of everything from tissues to shaving cream. 
My basket included:
  • A 4 pack of tooth brushes
  • 2 boxes of tampons
  • 2 samples of shampoo
  • 3 tubes of vaseline
  • 2 bottles of antiseptic mouth rinse (non alcoholic)

On my way home I dropped the bag off at my local resource center (and picked up a donation receipt for a tax write off). 

1 comment:

  1. I'm a friend of your cousin's...I have to say, what a great idea for a blog! I wish you best of luck in your endeavors and hope that many are inspired and helped along the way :)

    ReplyDelete